Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Nov 10, 2015

Legacy of the Void is the third and final part of the StarCraft II trilogy, coming in the form of a standalone game. It follows the blueprint of the other two parts of StarCraft II but this time focuses on the Protoss and the mysterious Xel'Naga.

Anyone getting SC2: LotV? Out in 2 days!

• 91 results
    Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well we're like a day and a half out, I haven't played starcraft in like 5 years but seems like a decent time to try and jump back in.

Anyone else here planning on playing SC2 multiplayer? Still a scrubby bronze here but would be nice to play people, not just ladder for all eternity.

On a sidenote, I noticed the new games page doesn't list LotV, and I'm like 99% sure there will be no QL of it (particularly considering Fallout 4 is coming out same day).

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting it just for the story once again, even though my interest to see how it all wraps up isn't all that high, mainly because of how long it's been since HoTS. Perhaps (hopefully) that'll change once I actually play it. My only try with the multiplayer will probably consist of playing skirmish matches with the A.I.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I might at a later date. The second one kind of soured me on it. And at this point it has been kind of too long too care.
    Blizzard needs another warcraft if they want to pull me back in.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I'm definitely picking it up, went out to the Gfinity Barcraft in London for the Blizzcon WCS finals which were awesome. Looking forward to playing a lot of custom and archon mode games on Wednesday with my Uni's StarCraft Society.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

The last expansion killed all my interest in the story when it comes to Starcraft, it was just so so bad.

I'll pick up Legacy of the Void eventually, but no hurry at all.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Yep, can't wait for all of the 1p stuff. No multi for me though. Got diamond with WoL and it was way too stressful.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

The SC2 finals was epic last night but gonna have to put Void on hold, have too many games to played...

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What!? I had no idea it was coming out any time soon. Bah, I need to start following a gaming news website in addition to Giant Bomb because I feel like I keep missing things like this.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Did my 1,000 games in WoL, and finished Heart of the Swarm last week (after a few years of on-off).

But I'll probably just stick to the campaign, as the mission design in SC2 has been killer.

CouldbeRolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting it, but I'll probably play Fallout 4 first

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the multiplayer front, it's looking like things are going to be far more varied and interesting compared to HotS, as they've seriously mixed up the economy, macro mechanics, and viable unit compositions. Not to mention they've also just nuked the first 5 minutes of game more or less (you start with 12 workers), so that initial downtime at the beginning is gone. Personally I rather liked that early bit, felt like a bit of a warm-up (not to mention SCV vs probe scout wars), but I do think they're trying to hone the game to be overall a more complex, varied game to play and watch; while also making it distinctly different from SCBW.

For me I used to be dramatically better at this game so there'll be these moments where I realise "oh wait I'm playing like absolute garbage" because I can recall a point where I was doing everything much faster and more efficiently.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Yep, I'm interested in Co-op. I'm good at the competitive multiplayer (Diamond first week of Vanilla SC2) but it's just not particularly fun.

Avatar image for gelatinousgelboy
    Gelatinousgelboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Gelatinousgelboy

I'm on board! I've had trouble getting into multiplayer, and I'm pretty awful, but I'd love to play co-op, sparring and arcade with fellow bombedidians!

Feel free to friend me: Gelatinous#1846

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I'll get it for the single player and maybe a tiny bit of multiplayer. I think my multiplayer days for SC2 are done though. I played it for 4 years and realized by the end I wasn't having any fun anymore. I will give LOTV multiplayer a go though since it is so different from HOTS. I never liked the changes they made to the game with HOTS. To me, that ruined the game. WOL multiplayer was much better.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My collectors edition shipped today, so yep I'm definitely getting it! Hope to see some people around here active. The new archon mode is pretty fun, and the co-op missions sound like a potentially cool idea.

ItsTyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ItsTyler

I played through Wings of Liberty when it released, and only finished Heart of the Swarm a week ago, so I'm picking it up to finish the story.

Will be fighting for time with Fallout 4 and Tomb Raider though... not to mention my Heroes of the Storm and Diablo 3 addictions.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I'm in the "I should get it but I'm in no hurry" camp. And yet, I'll probably buckle under to peer pressure from my real friends.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I'm interested (purely for the single player), but there's no way I'll get to it this year with Fallout 4, Battlefront, and Just Cause 3 on the horizon.

Also Xenoblade, but I've already admitted to myself that I don't have enough time to fit that in before January.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Just replayed through the zerg campaign to get ready. Will probably try to finish LotV before jumping into Fallout 4. Really interested to see what they do with the meta progression during the campaign in terms of upgrades and stuff.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would of been if it were years ago. Now , too much time has passed, and I just don't care about SC2 at all. Story would of been the core reason, and they generally have made it clear the writing in SC2 is absolutely terrible, so no other reason for me to pick it up.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be picking it up tomorrow to play. I'm terrible at the MP, it's too stressful and not enjoyable but I really like the single player and silly casual MP games with friends.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, i'm getting this and Tomb Raider then i'll be done for the year.

Halo 5 has been taking up most my time and with BTB around the corner I won't have time for Fallout 4 or any big open world games so I will be passing on that until next year.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I'm definitely in, although it may be a week or two before I get to it with Fallout 4 and Black Ops III at the same time. I'll definitely power through the campaign though, and at least play some skirmishes vs. AI. Not sure I'll put in the time to Multiplayer because I still have too many other big games on the table right now, but I'm excited to see where that story goes and see what weird missions they've come up with this time.

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, I think either the community for this game is just small on here..or this is a really bad sign..

..cause all these answers in the "yep getting it when it releases" are in the same category I am..and I'm suppose to be the minority for this sort of title. Like the multiplayer is suppose to be THE definitive reason anyone picks this up, but as I am absolute trash at it (and can't stand competitive games besides) the only thing I really want out of this game is the single player..cause I was one of those goofy kids back in 98 who was eager to see them complete the story they left on a cliff hanger in brood war. Yes really, cheesy as it was.

I even enjoyed quite a bit the last two campaigns. People crapped all over both of them but I thought WoL was well done for what it was, and they took a much needed departure from the RTS formula for heart of the Swarm in making it as much a WC3 style hero and objective based experienced as opposed to just 25 "build your base up again and again gaining access to one new unit a level". As someone whom though the small scale no macro just micro levels in the original campaign/WoL were the best parts of those games, I adored HotS.

So, given the direction they began to go, I expect LotV to be, if anything, even more in the direction of a fun to play single-player as opposed to a tutorial meant to teach you how to play protoss (Which is, effectively, what the original campaigns and even WoL to a large degree felt like for each perspective race. For example, HotS has queens..but you don't use larval injection, i.e. the 'busy work/prove your APM is up to task' bit of playing zerg in multi-player. They move faster, etc etc.

What I want from LotV is to make massive units which kick massive amounts of butt. I want dragoons back, I want to see heroic sacrifice in the face of overwhelming galaxy destroying evil. I want big speeches about honor and ultimately for, I don't know maybe Zeratul to sacrifice himself for the good of all the world and end the evil baddies reign of terror. I don't wanna worry much about Marco, I want mind control stuff with Dark Archons, I want an entire mission where I get to mind control a terran and zerg base and, oh look I can use all three races and I'd enjoy plenty of missions with hero units involved. Also Carrier swarms..because that remains the most fun means of removal all of the enemy color from the map "oh look my color is suddenly twice the size and..now there is no more red, victory!

And guess what? All that stuff I said in the above paragraph is in no way out of the question. Some of it is almost a certainty, and even the specific stuff is absolutely in the realm of the kind of stuff they might have put in this campaign, and that makes me very happy as someone who is in it for the single player only, the story and, if the UMS stuff is finally, finally fixed to a point there is variety and interesting stuff to do, well its about bloody time.

All that said, like I started with..god I wish I was in the minority. Like I'd like this game to be popular enough for them to make more single player content like this, I really enjoy it...but if the multi-player scene isn't invigorated by this new expansion then I guess it'll be another decade before my "I don't do multiplayer" self will get to enjoy anything put out by Blizzard.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladededge: They've actually said they're going to release single player DLC down the road that should give you some new story stuff about Nova, the ghost who was supposed to star in StarCraft: Ghost. Also they're going to add co-op missions so if you have a buddy you can play them.

Also it's possible to play archon mode in custom games atm, and I think that that takes a lot of the stress out of the multiplayer. You got one guy macroing up and making the army, and the other guy microing the army.

They're also going to be adding skins and voice packs; I'd be VERY surprised if we saw no classic dragoon skin for stalkers. At some point they gave the option of playing with the BW soundtrack, if they give an option for BW sound effects and voices that'd be awesome.

Next ladder season is about to start too, I've been locked in at the top of bronze atm; managed to hit platinum in the WoL beta back in the day, hopefully I can hit diamond this time.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladededge: People have been enjoying the campaigns for the great mission design. It's just been the pretty bad story that's disappointed.

rujasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will get it eventually. Probably not in a financial situation to get it anytime soon though.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I preordered it. The upcoming ranked ladder transparency sounds really great and might motivate me to give it another go at master league.

For the people that don't enjoy the 1v1 multiplay might enjoy the new archon mode which lets you play 1 army with a friend, which is pretty damn fun.

When it comes to the campaign the story have been really really poor, but upgrading units is endless fun and I expect this campaign to be more of the same, shit story and lots of overpowered units to fuck around with.

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought it even though I have 9 other games to get through and more coming up. I have enjoyed every Blizzard RTS campaign so far and I haven't seen anything that would change that for this one. Just need to find time for play it!

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was getting excited for it then I realized it comes out right before Fallout. Now Starcraft is going to have to wait a bit.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup. Even thought Starcraft games are multiplayer focused, they come with damn good single player campaigns. I played a bunch of multiplayer when Wings of Liberty first came out but I don't plan on doing any of it with Legacy of the Void. I love the game but I find the multiplayer way to stressful. Same reason I stopped playing Ranked in Heroes of the Storm even thought I still play Quick Match a whole lot.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Too many effing games out right now, and I'm a man with time on his hands.

Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jeldh

I played in silver and a little in gold before the Heart of the swarm expansion then couldn't keep up with the changes. I will buy this because of the single player. Then the single player will make me want to play the multiplayer, then the complexity of the multiplayer will make my brain explode.

Also; do any of you guys know what the "exclusive rewards" are for pre-ordering? or is that only included in the digital deluxe edition?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justicejanitor: I think originally the idea was to be multiplayer focused but the sheer difficulty of the game makes that impossible, however a lot of people will still buy the game for the campaign, hence the future DLC and new co-op options. I frequently have numerous people on my friend's list playing SC2 early on playing the campaign and absolutely never see them on it after that.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrcaptain: With the regular non-deluxe version you get Artanis for free for Heroes of the Storm (who is a pretty fun character in that game) and a set of prologue missions that you can play right now.

You get a bunch of other stuff with the deluxe version like portraits, card backs for Hearthstone, pets or whatever for WoW and Diablo 3 and a void seeker mount in Heroes of the Storm.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was bored yesterday waiting around so decided to play a little BW for the first time in forever. Damn it's hard to find games on iccup these days, and damn I was poor at it.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belegorm: There's no way there wouldn't be a quick look of it. I would be very surprised if there isn't any.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@belegorm: I've had trouble getting BW to work on later Windows but could always try to check it out again, best indie game marketplace in existence. Thousands of Used Map Settings masterpieces.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I assume they're going to release a "battle chest" type collection of all 3 with this? I be down for that just for the single player. I'm trash at RTS so I probably wouldn't be into the multi at all.

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lv4Monk

@hippie_genocide: I think there's a $60 "all-in" pack available right now. Can't remember if it's actually called Battle Chest, though.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By wchigo

I'll be getting it to complete the trilogy but I didn't even play that much MP Heart of the Swarm because the internet where I live at is usually not stable enough (I got disconnected a few times playing against bots in Heroes of the Storm for crying out loud!) to really allow me to play many internet dependant games.

If it ever improves, I'd be more than happy to jump in and play against some duders. Was Diamond back in WoL and I think I got put in high gold or low plat when I did my placement matches in HotS.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'll get it soon but definitly only gonna play silly arcade games on multiplayer and the campaign of course cause the protoss are my faves

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The "Story So Far" Cutscene is hilariously overlong and complicated, love it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Chrono Boost is a permanent single target buff lol. I suppose we should make several Nexuses just to have every building boosted at all times.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chrono Boost is a permanent single target buff lol. I suppose we should make several Nexuses just to have every building boosted at all times.

Its not permanent, but it is crazy.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tothenines: This was done to lessen the impact that the macro mechanics have on the game. Zerg and terran got similar treatment. Chrono boost is automatic, but is less effective overall than nailing it every time at 30 energy was, so it's not really that crazy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mentaldisruption said:

@tothenines: This was done to lessen the impact that the macro mechanics have on the game. Zerg and terran got similar treatment. Chrono boost is automatic, but is less effective overall than nailing it every time at 30 energy was, so it's not really that crazy.

I know, I am talking about the campaign. Hmm, but maybe Fredchuckdave was referring to the multiplayer and I am the one confused, probably.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MezZa

@tothenines: Oh I see, my bad. I only played 2 missions (and man, that cut scene at the end of mission 2...) so I have only barely seen the chrono used in the campaign.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't wait for midnight last night so I ended up starting on the EU server, ended up in silver. I then started again in the NA server, and also ended up in silver. Hopefully in a few weeks I can get back to my previous level of skill at the game, and surpass that. Not to mention trying to nail down a LotV build order.

The maps seem kinda meh; way better than the Blizzard maps from the start of WoL but the thing I really liked about last season's maps were how they were designed by the community, and weren't gimmicky at all. No Fighting Spirit or Destination, but still pretty good. Ulrena is pretty much Scrap Station but with a fast rush distance.

Also playing within the first couple of hours of release can be kinda brutal, nearly half my games were vs people who had been in diamond or master league in the past (which resetting MMR will do for you). Still, after rolling over bronze players for that last week of HotS I can appreciate playing people better than me because otherwise I'd never improve.

Also @brad I guess no QL for this?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.